I know that those of you who make your own holiday cards probably have them mailed already, so I decided to share a couple “Christmas” cards this month that could be easily modified for other occasions.
This card could easily be made into a birthday card, sympathy card, or even a thinking of you card – just by switching up the sentiment and maybe changing up the colors.
For this card:
1. Ink-blend a card panel using blue inks – keeping the ink darker around the edges and lighter in the center. Die cut the panel using a stitched rectangle die.
2. Ink-blend a piece of card stock with your favorite greens, then die cut the Whirl Leaves. Once die cut, you can add more ink to the leaves with your blending brush to give them some depth.
3. Ink-blend a piece of cardstock with your favorite pinks, then die cut the sentiment. If your sentiment has a shadow die, cut that out of vellum and adhere the pink sentiment on top.
4. Die cut some snowflakes out of white card stock.
5. Assemble all of your die cut pieces on your blue ink-blended panel and adhere them with liquid glue. For the snowflakes, I only added glue to the very center of the flakes so that edges of the snowflake would pop up a bit and give the effect that the snowflake was falling.
6. Adhere the completed panel to a card base and add a few gems for some shine! Can you see how you could easily turn this card into something for more than Christmas?
Have a wonderfully creative day, everyone!