Hey crafty friends!
A quick reminder: the Sneak Peek Club provides Club Members with a super fun monthly kit of Waffle Flower products. Members get the products about a month earlier than they are released to everyone else! So, if you’re interested in being a Club Member, you can sign up here: Club
Like previous months, Waffle Flower is generously providing a GIVEAWAY* to one of my blog readers (that would be YOU) if you comment on this blog post by June 30th. The GIVEAWAY* is Kit #06 – the same kit I used to make my card for today! Winners are picked at random and will be announced on Waffle Flower’s Link Party post! *the GIVEAWAY can only be shipped to the US.
My card for the Party is super colorful (perfect for a party, right?!) and features several items from the new kit, including the Multiple Presents stencil and die set and the Bokeh Stencil Trio. These products are perfect for a birthday or any gift-giving occasion (you could even do them for Christmas)! In my case, I went with the birthday theme because I am low on Birthday cards and I hate running out!
To make this card:
- Ink-blend a 4.25 x 5.5 inch panel using the Bokeh Stencil Trio. I used several colors of the rainbow on each stencil layer – being careful to go in rainbow order so I didn’t get “muddy” colors where they overlap.
- Adhere the panel to your card front and set aside.
- Ink-blend the Multiple Presents stencil TWICE – using a light hand for the bottom layer, then getting gradually darker for the others. I did this twice with different colors so that I would have enough presents for my card and could get a lot of variation in the colors. By ink-blending light-to-dark on the layers, you will get monochrome-colored presents and will still have definition between their parts. Note that I used a peach color for the bow on my yellow present because I couldn’t get the yellow dark enough for my preference. You could certainly mix up the colors of your layers and get an amazing look – that just wasn’t the look I wanted for this card.
- Die cut the presents.
- Die cut a Pinking Rectangle Frame – keeping the cut-out section.
- Stamp your greeting in the upper left corner of the frame cut-out.
- Cut a piece of vellum to 3.75 x 4.75 inches.
- Glue the vellum to your card front making sure to only put glue in the middle (otherwise you’ll see the glue through the vellum.
- Adhere your frame to the card front using foam adhesive.
- Adhere the cut-out sentiment piece into the frame using tape runner or liquid glue..
- Arrange and adhere your presents to the frame. I put some inside the frame and some on top of the frame. For those on top of the frame you may need to use foam adhesive to keep them stable.
- Add a few gems for shine.
I hope you like this card and that it inspires you to create something today! I can’t wait to see what you make with this kit (and any of the others)!
For even more inspiration, be sure to head over to the Link Party and check out what other designers have made using this kit. Pssst: you’ll have more chances to win the GIVEAWAY if you visit and comment on their blogs too!
Have a wonderfully creative day!