I have another card for you from the Simon Says Stamp DieCember release!
A few weeks ago, I shared this card featuring the new Holiday Florals stamp set and a faux watercolor technique. Well, today, I thought I’d share how you can use this same set but add in a few details to get more depth and dimension in your stamped images.
1. Stamp and die cut your floral and greenery images.
2. Use colored pencils to add in extra shading and details to the flower petals, berries, and leaves. I used colored pencils that were slightly darker than my ink colors for shading, and a white colored pencil for a few highlights.
3. Create your background by ink blending over a patterned stencil. I used the new Large Chevrons (linked below), turning it upside down to get the chevrons to go in both directions and overlap.
4. Arrange your flowers and greenery on your background panel and adhere them. I used liquid glue for everything except the smaller poinsettia, which I popped up using foam tape.
5. Adhere your panel on your card base using foam adhesive.
6. Add your sentiment! It doesn’t take a lot of colored pencil work to add some details – I stuck with mostly shading and highlights, but you could certainly add in more veining to the poinsettia petals and leaves. Give it a try and let me know what you think! I’m always amazed at how just a few strokes of a pencil can add so much to a stamped image!