We’re having an Instagram Hop! Head over to my Instagram to check out all the inspiration we’re sharing for the Simon Says Stamp “Be Creative” release! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
My Instagram Account is here: Jean.StudioJD
A Little About My Card for the Hop
This was a super easy card to make. In fact, it happened on accident. I made two other attempts at this card. For each of those, I was using different mediums (watercolor markers) and was being super deliberate in my coloring. I liked the outcome, but it wasn’t what I was looking for in this card.
Just when I was about to ditch the whole idea and move on to something else, I realized I had already-embossed a panel. I didn’t want to waste it, so I just wet the whole panel and started dropping in color willy-nilly here and there without trying to be purposeful. I was so surprised at how beautiful it turned out and decided I needed to keep it.
To make this card:
- Heat emboss the image, in white, on watercolor cardstock.
- Wet the entire panel and then drop in small amounts of watercolor using a paint brush or water brush. Start light – you can always build the color by letting it dry and then doing it again.
- Set the panel aside to dry.
- Die Cut the birthday using black cardstock for the word and white for the shadow, and glue them together.
- Cut the word “Happy” from a reverse entiment strip and use a black marker to go around the edges so you do not see white.
- Once the watercolor panel is dry, trim the edges and adhere to your card front using foam adhesive.
- Adhere your sentiments to the card front, popping the “Happy” up on foam.
- Add a few sequins for some bling!
Have you had any happy accidents when you were creating?
I hope you were inspired by this project!
Have a wonderfully creative day, everyone!