AD: DT Post
Today I’m super excited to be participating in a Blog Hop to celebrate the Simon Says Stamp Season of Wonder Release!
From now until 10/8 at 11:59 pm EST you can use the code HOLLY and get the Graceful Holly 3D embossing folder FREE with a purchase of $25 or more!
Be sure to leave a comment below (and at each stop on the hop) because Simon is giving away a $25 coupon to one commenter on each blog! Winners will be posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog on October 11th. If you’re a winner, just email Simon Says Stamp to claim your prize!
For my stop on the hop, I’m sharing this super fun and spooky card I created using the “Just Batty” stamp and die set from this amazing release! I love the fun faces on the pumpkins and the glowing eyes of the spider!
To make this card:
- Ink blend a card base using Distress Oxide inks (ink colors are listed in the Supplies below).
- Sprinkle it lightly with water and gently blot it up. Set it aside to dry.
- Die cut a circle out of a piece of black cardstock.
- Heat emboss a sentiment below the cut out circle using white embossing powder.
- Use Copic-friendly ink to stamp the pumpkins, color them with your Copic markers (the colors I used are listed in the Supplies below) and cut them out with the coordinating dies.
- Use diluted white and black acrylic paint to splatter the ink blended card base and the black card panel. I used a piece of scrap paper to keep the splatters from getting on my sentiment.
- Once the Ink blended card base is fully dry, use an antistatic tool to prep it for heat embossing.
- Heat emboss your spider with black embossing powder so that it looks like it is coming down from the top of your cut out circle (IMPORTANT: Make sure your panel is completely dry or you will not get a good image – the embossing powder will stick to anything even slightly damp).
- Use foam adhesive to adhere your black panel to your card base.
- Use liquid glue to adhere your pumpkins to the card front above your sentiment.
- Add some gems to the spiders eyes for some eerie sparkle!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today and for joining in on our Hop! If you’re following along in order, your next stop will be Kim Hamilton and I know you won’t want to miss it! Here’s the list of the full hop, so you can be sure not to miss anyone!
Don’t forget to leave a comment below for a chance to win!
Have a wonderfully creative day, everyone!