AD: DT Post
Today I’m super excited to be participating in a Blog Hop to celebrate the Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Days Release!
From now until 4/9/2023 at 11:59 pm EST you can use the code BUD and get a gorgeous Flower Garden emboss and cut folder FREE with a purchase of $30 or more!
Be sure to leave a comment below (and at each stop on the hop) because Simon is giving away a $25 coupon to one commenter on each blog! Winners will be posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, April 12th. If you’re a winner, just email Simon Says Stamp to claim your prize!
For my stop on the hop, I’m sharing this beautiful watercolor card I created using items from this amazing release (and a few other Simon Says Stamp products)!
This card features the Garden Fresh Stamp Set. I just can’t help but love the softness of this card!
To make this card:
- 1.Heat emboss the tulips from the stamp set on watercolor cardstock using white embossing powder.
- Create your watercolors by smooshing your inkpads onto a glass mat or other non- porous surface and adding a bit of water. The inks I used are listed in the supply list below.
- Watercolor your tulips and leaves.
- Once the tulips are dry, do a messy watercolor in a shard of pale blue for the background.
- Let the panel dry completely, then splatter with white acrylic paint and more of the pale blue watercolor. I like to put a piece of paper towel over the center of the image to keep all the splatter from messing up the details.
- Die cut a mini tag and stamp the “Hello” sentiment on it using the same blue color ink as your blue background.
- Die cut the Fancy Mom die out of white cardstock and pop-up foam and adhere them.
- Die cut the shadow die from the Fancy Mom out of vellum.
- Adhere the sentiment to the shadow.
- When your watercolor panel is dry, trim it down using a die (I used a deckled edge die) or a decorative scissors.
- Add foam adhesive to the back of your panel and adhere it to your card front.
- Adhere your Fancy Mom die cut to the panel.
- Tie a bit of twine to the Hello tag and secure the tag behind the Fancy Mom on the panel with a bit of glue. I also used a tiny piece of foam adhesive on one corner of the tag to give it dimension.
- Add a few gems for some shine!
I hope you like this project and that it inspires you to create something wonderful!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today and for joining in on our Hop! If you’re following along in order, this is your last stop! But just to be sure you didn’t miss any, the full list of blogs on the hop today are:
Don’t forget to leave a comment below for a chance to win!
Have a wonderfully creative day, everyone!