I have a pretty winter card to share with you today. Believe me, I’m not looking forward to cold weather – but I do love how pretty a snowy branch can be! And if you put a bird on it? Well, that’s just pure perfection!
This card features the new “Hemlock, Cones, & Chickadee” die set that is part of the Snow Garden Collection from Spellbinders. These dies were designed by Susan Tierney-Cockburn who is an absolute genius when it comes to designing realistic 3-dimensional dies for flora and fauna. I’ve done several cards with her dies and every single one has turned out beautifully!
To make this card:
- Die cut all the pieces for the branches (twice), the cones (I made 2 ½), and the chickadee.
- Use your Copic Markers to color all the pieces – being sure to color both sides of the branches and the cones.
- Assemble the cones. For one of the cones, I only used a few of the layers so that I could get a smaller cone.
- Use the new BetterPress Letterpress system and the Hello BetterPress plate to add the “Hello” to the bottom of a piece of Pebble-colored BetterPress paper. I inked my “Hello” with my Simon Says Stamp dye ink in Pine, which turned out perfectly, but you can certainly use the BetterPress inks that are recommended.
- Arrange your Hemlock branches on your panel being sure to leave a few of the pine needles and branches unglued so that you can bend them up and give them dimension.
- Add your Chickadee to your branch using foam adhesive.
- Add your pinecones to the branch.
- Add some snow to your branches and pine cones – I applied glue randomly to the branches with a paint brush and then added glitter.
- Add a few gems to the card for even more sparkle!
I love the soft winter scene on this card and I hope you do too! Let me know in the comments if you’ve ever used 3-dimensional dies!
I hope you have a wonderfully creative day!