About a month ago I came across the Oddball Birds stamp set from Stampingbella and it spoke to me. I was probably annoyed about something, or someone was getting on my last nerve, or…who knows? Whatever it was, this little annoyed- and exhausted-looking bird chirped my name and I just knew I had to get this set. It was serendipitous that my Taylored Expressions Snarky sentiment strip set arrived in the mail a few days later and a perfect match was made in the form of this card.
This is a super simple card but I had so much fun coloring the bird and branch with my Copic markers and I’m very happy with how it turned out!
Create your focal elements:
1. Stamp the bird and branch with Copic-friendly black ink on Copic Xpress It card stock. I use Gina K Designs Amalgam Ink in Obsidian.
2. Color your image with your favorite color combinations.
3. Fussy cut out your image.
Create your sentiment:
4. Stamp the Simple Strip – Snarky stamp in black on white cardstock. Again, I used my Gina K Designs Amalgam Ink for this.
5. Use the coordinating Simple Strip die to cut out all the strips in the set. Note that this set makes several different sentiment strips so you will have plenty pre-made to use for other cards.
Create your background:
6. Ink blend a pale sky blue ink onto a piece of cardstock and cut it out with an oval stitched die.
7. Die cut some clouds from white card stock.
8. Cut a panel just a bit smaller than your card base with a stitched die.
Assemble your card:
9. Use foam tape to adhere your stitched panel to your card base.
10. Use foam tape to adhere your sky blue oval to your panel.
11. Use foam tape to adhere your bird and branch image to the front of the oval. Depending on how your bird aligns, you may need to double up on the foam layers that go off the edge of the oval – or triple up if it goes off the edge of the stitched panel.
12. Adhere a few clouds directly to your oval and adhere one of them using foam tape to give your sky some dimension.
13. Adhere your sentiment using foam tape.
Here is a list of the Copic marker colors I used:
Bird: BV00, BV11, and BV17
Leaves: YG03, G07, and G14
Branch: E33, E25, and E79
All the best,