I have a birthday coming up in a couple of days. It’s not a significant birthday, but, admittedly, I have been feeling a bit…old. I blame the pandemic for the rapid onset of old-lady-like things I’ve evolved into. Like pants with elastic waistbands (young people call them joggers), progressive lenses (where no lenses were needed before), and an epic intolerance for nonsense. <Ok, ok… so I haven’t tolerated nonsense since I was 4 years old, but I do think it may have gotten worse with…age.>
I made this card using the new “A-Glazing Day” stamp set from the Simon Says Stamp “Hugs” release. This set is super sweet (pun intended) and there are a ton of other fun products in this release, too! I hope you’ll check it out (link below in product list).
To make this card:
1. Use a stitched rectangle die to cut a panel the same size as your card base (mine is 4.25 x 5.5 inches). This will be your base panel.
2. Use another, smaller, stitched rectangle to die cut another panel. This will be your
3. Cut 3 hearts out of your top panel.
4. Center your top panel over your base panel and use a pencil to lightly mark the edges of the hearts on the base panel. Remove the top panel, and ink-blend the base panel where the hearts will be where you marked them in pencil). Erase your pencil marks.
5. Adhere acetate on the back side of your top panel behind the heart openings to create the windows.
6. Use foam adhesive to frame each of the hearts.
7. Create small piles of shaker material on your base panel over the ink blended areas.
8. Adhere your top panel over the base panel, making sure the shaker material stays inside each window.
9. Use a no-line ink or very light-colored dye ink to stamp three chocolates and then use Copic markers to color them.
10. Use a VersaMark marker to go over the frosting swirl on each of the chocolates and heat emboss them using pink and white embossing powders. Cut or die cut each of the chocolates.
11. Heat emboss your sentiment in black and cut it into a strip.
12. Arrange and adhere your chocolates to your top panel.
13. Add your sentiment with foam tape.
14. Add a few sequins for even more shine!
Have a wonderfully creative day, everyone!