Hi crafty friends!
Today I’m super excited to be participating in a Blog Hop to celebrate the Simon Says Stamp Sweetheart Release!
Be sure to start from the top of the hop with the Simon Says Stamp Blog, then visit each stop on the hop (full list below)!
From now until 1/14 at 11:59 pm ET you can use the code HTZ24 and get a gorgeous Hearts and Stars stencil FREE with any purchase! Be sure to follow the instructions above (in the graphic) to add the stencil to your cart!
Be sure to leave a comment below (and at each stop on the hop) because Simon is giving away a $25 coupon to one commenter on each blog! Winners will be posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, January 17th. If you’re a winner, just email Simon Says Stamp to claim your prize!
For my stop on the hop, I’m sharing THREE super fun treat boxes I created using items from this amazing release (and a few products from previous releases, too)! Each treat box features one of the adorable faces in the new Hello There stamp set. I think I love them even more than I love the treats inside them!
Plus, I have a video showing how I made each of these treat boxes (see below, or click here)!
Here’s a closer look at each of the treat boxes:
Bunny Windowed Treat Box:
Dog Candy Bar Treat Wrapper:
And the most adorable Cat Pillow Box:
Aren’t they just the cutest!?!
To make these treat boxes you can follow the instructions below; however, I thought it might be easier to watch a quick video. If you’re interested in the video, you can find it on my YouTube Channel or watch it here:
- Die cut (or cut) your “box” from patterned paper and assemble. I used a pillow box (with the cat), a windowed treat box (with the bunny), and two strips of 12×12 paper to make the candybar wrap (with the dog). You can really use anything you want for your box – even a lunch bag or a cellophane bag would work.
- Stamp your animal faces using Copic marker friendly ink, then color them with Copic markers.
- Add a few dots and lines with a gel pen if desired.
- Die cut each of the faces. Note that that die does not cut out the bottom of the face – this gives you some flexibility for positioning each one wherever you like on your project. I cut each of mine with a scissors straight across the bottom.
- Adhere your animal faces to your treat boxes using liquid glue.
- Use ribbon to close your boxes.
- For the candybar wrap (with the dog): You’ll want to cut a circle out of one end of the patterned paper strip for the candybar to tuck into. This will help hold it in place. Depending on the length of your candybar, you may need to attach 2 strips of patterned paper end to end like I did. Also, I adhered my dogs face to a tag and tied the ribbon around the entire package – you need the ribbon to hold the treat inside (see the picture below of a side view that might help). You can add a sentiment as well, if desired.
- Add a few gems for some shine!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today and for joining in on our Hop! If you’re following along in order, your next stop will be Barb Engler and I know you won’t want to miss it! The full list of blogs on the hop today are:
Don’t forget to leave a comment below for a chance to win! And be sure to share any of your Smitten and Sweetheart designs to the Simon galleries (Smitten Gallery, Sweetheart Gallery)! I love to see what you create!
Have a wonderfully creative day, everyone!