I have a super sweet card to share with you today! It features 3 of the mushroom dies from the new Spellbinders Autumn Wonders die set. There are several other autumn-inspired dies in this set (it’s huge!) that are really fantastic, and I can’t wait to create with them – so be sure to stop back for more inspiration!
You might be wondering why I chose to start my fall card-making with mushrooms. Well, I’ll tell you: You know when you have a card in your head and you just have to get it on paper or it won’t leave you alone and you can’t really create anything else until you’ve put your idea on paper? Yeah? Well, that was this card! I have had this card in my head, with this color combo, for more than a month now. I’ve even dreamed about. Seriously!
I absolutely love mushrooms – they are just so earthy and pretty. And this peachy-pink and sage color combo is so soft! I hope you love it!
To make this card:
- Die cut the mushroom pieces and leaves from watercolor cardstock.
- Paint the pieces using inkpads as your watercolor palette (the colors I used are in the supplies list below – some links may be affiliate links).
- Assemble your mushrooms.
- Die cut the postage stamp out of peachy card stock that coordinates with your mushrooms. This is a piece from my scraps so I can’t tell you what the color is or where I got it.
- Die cut the inside postage stamp from white card stock.
- Stamp your sentiment in black on the white postage stamp piece, then pop it up using foam tape onto the peachy card stock piece.
- Adhere the postage pieces to your card front.
- Arrange your mushrooms and leaves on the card front and adhere with liquid glue.
- Add a few clear dewdrop gems for some shine.
And now the idea is out of my head and onto paper – and it turned out even better than it looked in my dreams!
I hope you like this card and that it inspires you to give in to those wonderfully creative ideas you have been putting off (or that have plagued you, like this one did for me)!
Have a wonderfully creative day!