Wooo Hooo! It’s DieCember!
For those of you thinking I made a typo: nope! Today is the launch of Simon Says Stamp’s special die release – also known as DieCember! I look forward to this release every year! And guess what? It’s not only about dies – they have other amazing products in this release too – like the stunning Holiday Floral stamp set I used to make today’s card!
1. Stamp your images using dye or water-based inks (permanent inks will not work) on watercolor paper.
2. Use a bit of water on a brush (or a water brush) and gently go over the edges of the image, one color section at a time, pulling the color out from the image onto the background. Clean your brush between color families so you don’t get a muddy look.
3. If desired, you can also go over the full image like I did on this card. This softens the entire image.
4. Set the panel aside to dry completely.
5. Add some splatter! I used gold watercolor paint (just be sure to let the panel dry again).
6. Heat emboss your sentiment.
7. Trim the panel and pop it up with foam adhesive on your card base.
8. Sit back and admire your work!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I hope you have a wonderfully creative day!