AD: DT Post
It’s release day at Simon Says Stamp! I love these months just before Thanksgiving and Christmas because all the new seasonal items get released and they start my holiday season out on the right creative foot! There are so many fun things in this release that I have been inspired to re-visit some techniques that I don’t typically do – and today’s card is the perfect example!
For this card, I really wanted to highlight the sweet, curvy font in the new Christmas Words background stamp. Backgrounds are always a challenge for me because I gravitate to a lot of white space on my cards but I absolutely love how this card turned out – and it was so fun to create!
To make this card:
- Heat emboss the Christmas Words stamp set using white or clear embossing powder on white cardstock.
- Trim the panel to 5 x 3 ¾ inches.
- Use the new Aspen, Sage, and Pink Pawsitively Saturated ink cubes to ink blend the panel from darkest at the top to lightest at the bottom.
- Add foam adhesive to the back of the ink-blended panel and adhere it to your card base.
- Die cut the Pointed Evergreens die and the Happy Christmas shadow die from white cardstock.
- Die cut the Happy Christmas words from Emerald cardstock.
- Assemble the sentiment dies and set aside.
- Use the Glitter Glaze and a toothpick to add snow to some of the branches on the pine trees and set aside to dry.
- Once the glitter glaze is dry, adhere your trees and your sentiment to your card front.
- Add a few gems for some additional sparkle!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I hope you like this card and it inspires you to re-visit a technique you haven’t used in a while!
Have a wonderfully creative day, everyone!