Today is the second day of an amazing Blog Hop for the new Kisses release at Simon Says Stamp!
Be sure to leave a comment below (and at each stop on the hop) because Simon is giving away a $25 coupon to one commenter on each blog! Winners will be posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, January 25th.
AND, from now until 1/22 at 11:59 pm EDT you can use the code RBW23 and get the “End of the Rainbow” stamp set for FREE with any purchase (see image above for a pic of this set)!
Now for a little about my card….
To make this card:
1. Use ink daubers to apply ink to the Painted Heart Wreath stamp. I applied a light color to the images, and then used my daubers to apply a darker color to the edges or middles of the images, depending on what I wanted. I used 2 colors for the hearts and three colors for the leaves just to give the image more depth. All my colors are listed below in my Supplies list.
2. Once you have the stamp inked, you can stamp it on your card panel. The nice thing
about this technique is that if you use a MISTI you can go back over any areas where
you want to add more color and re-stamp it.
3. Once you’ve stamped the image, you can cut down the panel and arrange your sentiment where you want it.
4. Apply anti-static powder to your panel, then stamp your sentiment in a black pigmentink and use clear embossing powder to heat emboss it.
5. Add foam adhesive to the back of your panel and tie a piece of bakers twine around
6. Adhere your panel to your card base.
7. Add a few sequins for a bit of shine!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today and for joining in on our Hop! If you’re following along in order, your next stop will be Kim Hamilton and I can guarantee you won’t want to miss it! The full list of blogs on the hop today are:
Be sure to check out the folks from yesterday’s hop as well as the Simon Says Stamp Kisses release gallery for tons of inspiration – and share your own project in the galleries so you can inspire others!
Have a wonderfully creative day, everyone!