Today I’m sharing a card I made using the Simon Says Stamp Card Kit for August 2021. This kit is loaded with awesome supplies! My card today uses the featured stamp set that comes in the kit, called “Toadally Unfrogettable”. Not only are the frogs in this set toadally adorable but the punny sentiments are unfrogettable (see what I did there?)!
This was a very easy card to make and I just love how it turned out.
Create your background:
1. Ink blend a splash using one of the stencils in the Clearly Besotted Splish Splash stencil.
2. Ink blend the lily pad from the Build a Frog Pond stencil (this stencil comes in the kit).
Color your frog:
3. Stamp the frog on Copic XpressIt card stock using a copy friendly ink. I use Gina K Designs Amalgam ink in Obsidian.
4. Color your frog using Copic markers. You can use a black glaze pen to color the eyes and nose and use a white gel pen to add little dots for highlights on the frog.
5. Cut out your frog image (or, use the matching dies if you have them).
Determine your placement:
6. Use the Wonky Stitched Rectangle die to cut your card front.
7. Determine where you want your frog on your card front. You can use reposition-able or temporary tape to hold your frog in place while determining where you want your butterfly and sentiments.
Add your butterfly and sentiments:
8. Stamp your butterfly and your sentiments on your card front.
9. Color your butterfly with Copic Markers.
Assemble your card front:
10. Use foam tape to adhere your card front to the card base.
11. Use foam tape to adhere your frog to your card front.
Frog: YG03, G07, and G14
Butterfly: Y19, YR07, YR09, and 100
The supply list below includes the specific inks I used for the background.
This little frog makes me smile every time I look at him. This card was easy to make and I barely used all the supplies in the card kit. If you are new to card making I urge you to get a kit – the options are endless and the value can’t be beat!