To make the party even more fun, Waffle Flower is generously providing a GIVEAWAY* to one of my blog readers (that would be YOU) if you comment on this blog post by January 31st. The GIVEAWAY* is Kit #01 – the same kit I used to make my card for today! Winners are picked at random and will be announced on Waffle Flower Inspiration Hop page! *the GIVEAWAY can only be shipped to the US.
My card for the Party features all the items from the kit: a layering die, a layering stencil and a stamp set with some fabulous greetings! These kits are an amazing value!
I’ve been really getting into the kraft-colored cardstock and monochromatic color schemes lately. There’s a simplicity to having just a few colors to work with but it can be a challenge, too. Of course, this card isn’t perfectly monochromatic because I threw in the pop of green but it’s pretty close. Is “near-monochromatic” a thing?????
To make this card:
- Use anti-static powder to treat a piece of Neenah Desert Storm (or other Kraft-colored) cardstock, then position the daisy-shapes layer of your stencil over the panel.
- Use the brush tip of an embossing pen to roughly trace the outline of the daisies through the stencil.
- Remove the stencil and use white embossing powder to heat emboss the panel.
- Position the leaf and flower centers layer of your stencil back over the panel and use Latte Ink to ink-blend the leaves and flower centers.
- Die cut the panel with a stitched die.
- Die cut a tag from white cardstock and use the Latte ink to stamp several sentiments randomly over the tag.
- Die cut all the layers for the daisy and two of the leaves from white cardstock.
- Die cut the flower center from Neenah Desert Storm cardstock and assemble your flowers.
- Ink-blend your leaves.
- Arrange all your pieces on your card front. I used foam adhesive to adhere the embossed panel and the tag, but used liquid glue for the daisy and leaves.
- Add a piece of twine to the tag and a few glitter drops for some sparkle.
I hope you like this card and that it inspires you to create something today! I can’t wait to see what you make with this kit (and any of the others)!
For even more inspiration, be sure to head over to the Waffle Flower Inspiration Hop and check out what other designers have made using this kit. Pssst: you’ll have more chances to win the GIVEAWAY if you visit and comment on their blogs too!
Have a wonderfully creative day!