I hope everyone is having a great start to summer!
For today’s card I used the cute little Dandy Lion stamp set from Stampingbella. I love the curly, flowing mane and the big nose on this little lion and I thought it would be sweet to have him popping up over a brick wall to say “hello”.
I’ve been practicing my Copic coloring as much as possible lately. I just love the orange, yellow, and red combinations so that’s what I decided to use for Dandy’s mane. My husband thinks it makes Dandy look like he’s on fire… I think he’s right…. but I still like it! 😊
Create the brick wall:
1. Use Distress Oxide inks to blend a brick wall on Copic Xpress It Card stock. I used the Basically Bricks stencil and the following Distress Oxide ink colors: Frayed Burlap, Iced Spruce, and Black Soot.
Stamp and color the lion:
2. Stamp Dandy on top of the brick wall you just ink blended using a Copic-friendly black ink (I used Gina K Designs Amalgam Obsidian).
3. Use Copic markers to color your lion.
Add your sentiment:
4. Stamp your sentiment using black ink (again, I used my Gina K ink).
Die cut and assemble your card:
5. Die cut the colored panel using a wonky stitched die.
6. Adhere the panel to your card base using foam tape.
Add some shine:
7. Dot the eyes of Dandy using a black glaze pen and wait until dry.
8. Coat Dandy’s nose in Journey glaze and set aside to dry completely. Note that Journey Glaze will be cloudy until it is dry but it will dry clear.
The Copic colors I used for this card are:
Dandy’s face/paws: E34, E35, E57, and E79
Dandy’s mane: Y38, YR09, YR16, E08
Dandy’s nose: C9, C7, N8, 100
Dandy’s ears: R14
All the best,