I’m back today with more springtime inspiration using the Simon Hurley Easter Bunnies stamp and die set available from Spellbinders! I made this card a few weeks ago and couldn’t resist making a couple more cards with this set. This time, I kept the design super simple and let the adorable bunny and chick images from this set take center stage!
I have a couple of occassions in mind for these cards that are not Easter -related so I kept the sentiment simple – I mean, “chirp chirp” can be translated so many fun ways, right?
To make these cards:
- Stamp, color, and die cut your images – I used watercolors.
- Use a black glaze pen to add some shine to the eyes and paw pads of your critters. Be sure to let the glaze dry completely.
- Trim a white cardstock panel to 4 x 5.25” and lightly ink blend the middle of the panel (do not go all the way to the edges).
- Trim a Kraft cardstock panel to 4.25 x 5.5”.
- Adhere your ink blended panel to your Kraft panel.
- Adhere your Kraft panel to a card base.
- Use a slimline embossing folder to emboss a separate panel of white cardstock.
- Trim the embossed panel to 4” wide, then cut it so it creates two embossed panels. You can do these at whatever height you desire. Mine were cut nearly in half.
- Lay out your design and determine where you want to stamp your sentiment. Then go ahead and stamp it before continuing to the next step.
- Use foam adhesive to adhere the embossed panel to the lower part of your ink-blended panel.
- Use a combination of liquid glue and foam adhesive to add your critters to your card.
- Add a few gems for some sparkle!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope these cards inspire you to create something beautiful!
Have a wonderfully creative day!