I have a super fun card to share with you today that features repeated elements in a whimsical layout!
I used several items from the recent Simon Says Stamp “Smitten” release to make this card – including the Faux Mini Envelope die, the Hearts Tweed stencil, and the “All the Love” sentiments (in reverse).
To make this card:
- Using the Hearts Tweed stencil and watercolor paper, apply embossing paste through the stencil to create a textured background. Gently remove the stencil while the paste is still wet, set the paper aside to dry, and wash the stencil and any tools you used immediately to keep the paste from drying on them.
- Die cut the faux mini envelopes out of different colors of card stock. I went for a muted rainbow, but this card would be equally beautiful in bold colors, ombré, or even monochromatic tones!
- Die cut mini hearts for the closures of the envelopes.
- Assemble the mini envelopes with the heart closures.
- Once the Hearts Tweed panel is fully dry (I let mine dry overnight), trim it down and use foam adhesive to add it to a card front.
- Arrange your mini envelopes on the card in whatever pattern you desire and adhere them with liquid glue.
- Tie black and white baker’s twine around the entire card front and tie it in a knot.
- Cut a sentiment out of the “All the Love” reverse sentiments and mount it above the twine with foam adhesive.
- Add a few gems for some shine!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you like this project and that it inspires you!
Have a wonderfully creative day, everyone!