With the Holiday’s behind me (can you believe it’s 2023 already??!), I’m gearing up for Valentine’s Day!
Do you know what I like best about Valentine’s Day? I like that (just about) everything you do or say on Valentine’s Day can be done or said the entire year through! Everything from “I love you” to “Sending Hugs” to “Be Mine” – all of it – can apply any day of the year.
This card was made using three new supplies from the Simon Says Stamp “Hugs” release – the Fancy Love Die, the Jumbled Hearts background stamp, and the Spun Glass embossing folder (supplies are linked below).
To make this card:
1. Cut a panel of watercolor card stock a bit smaller than a card base and heat emboss it using the Jumbled Hearts background stamp. I heat embossed this using White Pearl embossing powder to give it a shimmery effect.
2. Wet the panel with water, then touch it with watercolor brush markers here and there and watch the color spread. You can tilt the panel, or you can use a clean paintbrush, to get the color to lend/move and cover the panel. Set it aside to dry.
3. On a separate panel that is the same size as your card base (or directly on your card base, if you prefer), emboss the Spun Glass emboss folder to create your background.
4. Die cut the Fancy Love die from glitter cardstock and die cut the shadow out of plain white cardstock; layer them.
5. Once your water-colored panel is dry, adhere it with foam adhesive to the Spun Glass panel.
6. Arrange your Fancy Love sentiment on top and adhere it using strong adhesive (I used liquid glue).
7. Adhere the panel to your card base, if needed.
Have a wonderfully creative day, everyone!