A couple weeks ago I shared this card using the new Painted Heart Wreath stamp that is part of the Simon Says Stamp Kisses release. I love this stamp so much I couldn’t resist making another card with it so today I’m sharing a card using the same stamp – only this time I’ve switched up the color scheme and added some shine!
1. Die cut two hearts out of gold foil cardstock and set aside.
2. Use ink daubers to apply ink to the Painted Heart Wreath stamp. I applied a light color to the images, and then used my daubers to apply a darker color to the edges or middles of the images, depending on what I wanted. I used 2 colors for the hearts and three colors for the leaves just to give the image more depth. All my colors are listed below in my Supplies list.
3. Once you have the stamp inked, you can stamp it on your card panel. The nice thing about this technique is that if you use a MISTI you can go back over any areas where you want to add more color and re-stamp it.
4. Once you’ve stamped the image, you can cut down the panel.
5. Arrange your sentiment where you want it, apply anti-static powder to your panel, then stamp your sentiment and heat emboss it in gold.
6. Add foam adhesive to the back of your panel and layer it on a piece of gold foil cardstock.
7. Adhere your panel to your card base.
8. Add your two die cut gold hearts to your card front using foam adhesive.
9. Add a few sequins for a bit of shine! I just love the painted look of this stamp set offset by the shiny gold!
Have a wonderfully creative day, everyone!